- This event has passed.
Managing the Stress of Working from Home
Jul 3 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amR395
We live in uncertain times and uncertainty causes stress
Stress has always been a problem at work and now with the restrictions on our movements, change in our working day, having to work from home in difficult circumstances, managing new systems, looking after the family as well as ourselves, and even reduced income for many of us, stress has become a major factor in our business life.
Not all stress is a bad thing of course. Putting ourselves under pressure can often produce better performances. Our challenge right now is just too many changes and too much pressure.
Stress at work and in our home offices cannot be ignored. The risks, if not managed properly, range from poor performance to seriously bad health.
The solution, however, is not too difficult to apply. We cannot solve all the problems that are creating the stress but we can minimise the risks of that stress affecting our health and work performance. In this session we will consider the following:
- Stress Makers during Lockdown – What are the major factors causing stress right now.
- Types of Stress – There are 6 types of stress and while some types cannot be managed others can be managed easily, reducing the overall risks associated with stress.
- Stress Symptoms – What are the symptoms of stress? How you can recognise that stress is effecting you before it becomes a problem.
- Stress Busters – How to minimise your reaction to the stress we all face.
- Stress Action Plan – Creating an action plan to work towards solving our stress problems.
Everybody suffers from stress from time to time, it is just the depth that varies. We are all in this together and if we work together we will solve some of our stress problems.